- Where can I buy Branch Basics?+
Thank you for your interest in Branch Basics! We only sell our products through our site, and ship to the United States, Canada and APO for military.
- Where is Branch Basics made?+
The Concentrate and the Oxygen Boost are made in the United States. All of the ingredients are sourced from either the US or Europe. Most bottles are made in the US, but the foaming wash bottles, the spray triggers and the silicone sleeves on the glass bottles come from China. The scrub brushes are also from China. Whenever possible, we source from the US, and will continue to look for great options that are made here.
- Does Branch Basics have a non-discrimination policy?+
At Branch Basics, we are committed to promoting a culture of acceptance and inclusion. The heart of our mission is to help all people create healthy homes and open the eyes of all people to harmful chemicals that undermine health.
We value all of our stakeholders and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of our activities or operations.
We strongly believe inclusive diversity is core to unity, and we are committed to promoting increased harmony instead of further division. We hope you'll join us as we work hard to create an inclusive wellness community!
- Are Branch Basics’ cleaning products baby and pet safe?+
Yes, our products are safe for babies and pets. Our ingredients are selected with the most sensitive in mind. Read The Journey To Our New Formula to learn more about our ingredients and our non negotiables.
- Does Branch Basics really clean?+
Branch Basics is just as effective as conventional cleaning products, without harming the health of humans or the planet! Countertops, floor tiles, pots and pans, bathroom grime, dishes, laundry and so much more, Branch Basics can tackle the toughest of cleaning jobs without harsh chemicals.
- Are Branch Basics’ cleaning products antibacterial? Do they kill germs?+
Branch Basics is not a disinfectant, sanitizer or antibacterial soap. Sanitizers and disinfectants work to kill germs while leaving them in place, which can actually kill good bacteria and create resistant superbugs when certain germs don’t die.
Instead, Branch Basics removes germs vs. killing them, which is the best way to clean under normal circumstances. Only rarely is sanitizing or disinfecting necessary (i.e. when preparing raw meat or after a family member has the flu.) To read more about the science behind this, check out our post Does Branch Basics Kill Germs?
In fact, the CDC recommends opting for plain soap and water to remove germs in your home instead of using a sanitizer!
- Why are there multiple bottles when they all use the same Concentrate? +
All of the different cleaning solutions (All-Purpose, Bathroom, Streak-Free, Foaming Wash and Laundry) use the same Concentrate, but each bottle has a different ratio of concentrate to water. Fill lines on the bottle labels make it easy to create the different solutions.
For example, our Bathroom solution uses twice as much Concentrate as the All-Purpose solution and the Streak-Free solution uses just a single drop of Concentrate.
That's it! The cleaning bottles are refillable over and over again.
- Technical questions about The Concentrate+
What is the pH of The Concentrate?
The pH of our Concentrate is 8.5 +/- 0.5. If you have a concern that requires a particular pH, we recommend that you fill your All-Purpose or Bathroom spray bottle with water and Concentrate and test the pH. Also test an inconspicuous area of the surface you'd like to clean to see how the product interacts with it.
Are Branch Basics cleaning supplies safe for my septic systems?
Yes! Branch Basics products can safely be used with septic systems.
How long does The Concentrate stay preserved?
The Concentrate is good for at least two years. Once The concentrate is mixed with water, the cleaning solutions are good for around a year. We recommend distilled water for the Streak-Free solution because there is only a drop of Concentrate in the water, so using distilled water will be helpful with preservation.
- Can I use my own cleaning bottles? What are the dilution ratios? +
Yes, you can use your own refillable bottles.
Here are the dilution ratios:
- All-Purpose: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 11 parts water
- Bathroom: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 5 parts water
- Streak-Free: 1 drop Branch Basics Concentrate to 24 oz distilled water
- Foaming Wash: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 4 parts water
- Laundry: 1 part Branch Basics Concentrate to 2 parts water
For Laundry, use 1 Tbsp of the mixed solution for a regular sized lightly soiled load. Use a bit more for larger loads or heavily soiled loads of laundry.
Common bottle size ratio breakdown
(For different sized bottles, use the ratios above to fill your bottle. )
32 oz Laundry Bottle: 10.66 oz concentrate and the rest water
10 oz Foamer Bottle: 2 oz concentrate and the rest water
24 ounce spray bottles:
- All-Purpose: 2 oz concentrate and the rest water
- Bathroom: 4 oz concentrate and the rest water
- Streak-Free: 1 drop Branch Basics Concentrate to 24 oz distilled water
16 ounce spray bottles:
- All-Purpose: 1.33 oz concentrate and the rest water
- Bathroom: 2.66 oz concentrate and the rest water
- Streak-Free: 1 drop Branch Basics Concentrate to 16 oz distilled water
- What can I clean with Branch Basics?+
Short answer: everything! Countertops, floor tiles, pots and pans, bathroom grime, dishes, laundry and so much more. For a complete list of how to clean every surface in your home (truly, Branch Basics can do it all!), check out the Branch Basics Premium Starter Kit User Guide.
- I'm struggling with laundry. Do you have any tips? +
It may take a little experimenting to see what works best for you, but here are some suggestions to try.
1. 3/4 - 1 capful of laundry solution is a good amount for a regular sized lightly-soiled load. If you are doing large loads or heavily-soiled loads, you will need more. Try a cap and a half.
2. Do you have hard water? Hard water (high in minerals) may require more laundry solution than soft water.
3. If you have hard water try adding a 1/2 cup - 1 cup distilled white vinegar and/or baking soda to your wash.
4. Are you using Oxygen Boost in every load? If not, be sure to add a scoop to the drum of the washing machine before adding clothes to the machine. It's great at helping to white whites and brighten colors.
5. If you have smelly workout clothes, pretreat the armpits with a spray of all-purpose before putting them in the wash.
6. Do you have an HE machine? Some machines are too efficient and don't use enough water to be effective. Try adding a few cups of water to the drum of the machine, especially when you are doing large loads.
Please check out our User Guide for a whole section on laundry that includes a lot of helpful information!
Also watch these three short how-to videos.
- Is Branch Basics safe to use on my marble/granite/quartz? +
Yes, Branch Basics can be used on these surfaces!
The only caveat would be if you have a sealer that requires a particular pH. The pH of our Concentrate is 8.5 +/- 0.5. If you have a concern that requires a particular pH, we recommend that you fill your All-Purpose with water and Concentrate and test the pH. Also test an inconspicuous area of your stone surface to see how the product interacts with the surface. It's very rare to hear that a customer has an issue with our formula, but it's always a good idea to test it first.
- How can I get the best results from Branch Basics dishwasher tablets?+
There are many variables that can impact the results of using our Dishwasher Tablets (the machine, water temperature, cycle length, etc.), but we have found that starting with soft water can really improve the outcome. Most people don't know whether they have hard water, but the water in most homes tends to be moderately hard. If you have a water softener, make sure that it is well maintained.
Even if you have hard water, it is still possible to get sparkling dishes using our Dishwasher Tablets. Here are some tips, and we encourage you to experiment to see which ones work best for you!
1. Use a rinse aid if it is recommended for your dishwasher. If you'd like to try one, here is one with founder-approved ingredients.
2. Make sure your dishwasher is not overfilled with items that could block the flow of the water.
3. Clean your dishwasher and filter - click here for instructions.
4. Start with hot water by running your sink for a minute before starting your dishwasher.
5. Use a normal cycle rather than a quick cycle.
Also, here are a few blog posts you may find helpful:
As always, feel free to reach out to us with any questions at email@example.com or 800-414-1210.
- Is it safe to wash my baby's clothes, toys, and highchair with Branch Basics?+
Yes, it is safe to wash your baby's items with Branch Basics! Please see page 22 of our User Guide.
- Can I use Branch Basics in my HE washer? +
Yes! Branch Basics works great in HE machines!
- How much is shipping?+
Shipping is free on orders over $39 in the contiguous US and for APO/FPO/DPO! Orders under $39 to contiguous US have a flat shipping rate of $5. Flat rate shipping outside of contiguous US is $10 (Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories and Canada).
- Which shipping methods do you use?+
Most packages ship FedEx SmartPost. Usually FedEx takes the package to your city, and the local post office delivers it to your door.
Packages shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO, and US Territories ship USPS Priority.
Orders shipping to Canada ship FedEx International Ground.
Regardless of the shipping method, packages typically deliver in 5-9 business days after they ship; however, additional delivery delays are not uncommon due to the pandemic.
- How do I apply a coupon code to my order? +
Discount codes can be entered at checkout just above where you enter your billing information.
If you forget to enter a discount code at checkout, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to apply the code retroactively!
- Do you ship to Canada?+
Yes, we ship to Canada now! All orders to Canada ship FedEx Ground and there is a flat $10.00 fee for shipping. Your local taxes will be calculated and collected at the time your order is placed. There are no additional fees for duty or taxes to be collected after the order ships.
- The tracking shows that my package delivered, but I didn't receive it. +
Thank you for your order! We're so sorry that you never received it!
Sometimes a package gets scanned as delivered, but it is really still on the delivery truck or it was dropped off at the wrong address. If the package does not deliver to you after a day or two, please email us at email@example.com and let us know. We'll investigate and make sure you get your order.
- I'm trying to use a coupon code, but it's not working. +
We're sorry that you are having a challenge with a coupon code!
There are a few reasons that your coupon code may not be working.
- Most coupon codes only apply for new customers. *
- Most coupon codes are only valid on Starter Kits or the Laundry Kit.
- The referral coupon code will not work if there is a Trial Kit in the cart.
If none of the above explain why your code isn't working, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll look into this for you.
* If you are a returning customer the best way to save on every order of Concentrate and/or Oxygen Boost is to create an auto-ship subscription. With a subscription, your order delivers to you every month (2 months, 3 months or 4 months) and you save 10% off every order!
- How can I make a change to my subscription? +
Thank you for being a subscriber! Sure! Just log-in to your subscription to change the shipping address, the next order date, the order frequency or the payment method. You can even edit the products within your subscription, including adding items that you want to receive just one time, like an additional spray bottle.
Of course we're always happy to help! Just email us at email@example.com
- Can I cancel this subscription order? +
Thank you for being a subscriber! Sure, we can cancel your order! Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and we'll take care of it.
Our fulfillment center works really quickly so if we are not able to catch the order to cancel it before it ships, we have a couple of options:
1. You can refuse the delivery with your delivery person or drop the unopened package off at the post office and tell them that you'd like to refuse the delivery. It will return to us at no cost to you. If you plan to do this, please let us know and we'll refund your money right away.
2. Keep this order knowing that you'll use it eventually and push out the next subscription date.
Again, please just email us and let us know what you'd like to do.
- How can I use a referral code on a subscription order? +
Thank you for being a subscriber and for referring your friends to Branch Basics!
Unfortunately, our subscription program is not set up to take coupon codes. You could use the coupon codes for a separate order if you need extra bottles, dryer balls, a scrub brush or more Oxygen Boost.
If you don't need anything extra, we can apply your referral code(s) to a previous order and issue a refund. Just email us at email@example.com and we'll take care of it for you.
- How do I cancel my subscription? +
You can cancel your subscription at any time. Just login to your account and click "Cancel Subscription" under each item within your subscription. If an order just processed, this will not cancel the current order. Please reach out to us as quickly as possible to cancel an order at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can usually catch and cancel an order without issue.
If you'd rather have us cancel the subscription for you, just send us an email to email@example.com or call us at 800-414-1210.
- A friend just ordered using my referral link. How will I receive my coupon code? +
Thank you for referring others to Branch Basics! Your referral means the world to us!
Referral reward coupon codes are sent via email one or two days after an order is successfully placed. If you have waited two days and have still not received an email from us with a referral reward coupon code, please let us know. Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your friend's name and email address. We will confirm their order and send you a $10 off coupon code.
Thanks again for the referral!
- I'm a new customer and a friend sent me a link for $10 off. How do I use it? +
We are THRILLED that you are going to try Branch Basics! Here are the steps to get $10 off your first order.
1. Click on your friend’s referral link. And copy the coupon code.
2. Click “SHOP NOW” to be taken to our website.
3. Add product to your cart and go to checkout. Please note that this coupon code will only work on orders of $15 or more.
4. At the top of the checkout page, enter the code in the coupon field.
5. You’ll see that $10 was removed from your total and complete checkout.
6. One or two days after you checkout, the friend that referred you to Branch Basics will get an email with a $10 off coupon code for the referral.It’s important that you click on your friend’s link just before ordering and checkout from the same device. This is how the order gets tracked back to them.
We think you’ll LOVE your Branch Basics! Happy cleaning!
- Someone used my link to order, but didn't receive a referral coupon credit+
Thank you for referring your friend to Branch Basics! So sorry that you didn’t get credit for the order! Please send us an email at email@example.com with your friend’s name and email address. We’ll confirm their order and send you a $10 off coupon code
A step may have been missed when your friend ordered. Here’s what should happen:
It’s very important that your friends click on your personal referral link just before ordering. This is how the order gets tracked back to you. If your friend clicks on the link on their cell phone, but orders from their computer, the link will be lost.
- You send your unique link to your friends: http://branchbasics.refr.cc/XXX
- Your friend clicks your link to get a $10 code
- Your friend clicks “SHOP NOW” (It’s super important that people click the link and purchase in the same browser)
- At checkout, your friend enters the code in the coupon field and they receive $10 off
- After they purchase, a $10 reward code is emailed to you one or two days later